Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Worth pondering



Last week I was complaining to my mom about my life and appearance and then remembered there is a girl who was actually called, "The ugliest woman in the world" that I had heard about on the Beauty Webinar (by Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin; website:  VisionaryDaughters.com).  I typed "The world's ugliest woman" on Google and found her web site.  She has confidence and seems like a sweet person, though after wanting to purchase the two books she has written and reading some of the first chapter in one of them on Amazon, I decided I will not buy her books.

She wrote, "My faith in God has helped me in every aspect of my life, but I promise not to preach at you or tell you what to believe.  That's up to you.  I can only tell my story truthfully, and because God has had a huge starring role, I talk about him a lot.  Without him, I can't imagine that you would be interested in hearing much about me."

This really bothered me because if God was everything to her like she appears to claim and if she is following the "right religion" (she may be Catholic), and if she knows that the God of the Bible is one of wrath and is perfect and therefore EVERY human being is in need of His forgiveness and salvation...why in the world would she say, "...but you can believe whatever you want"?  It reminds me of somebody having the cure to a fatal disease and instead of sharing in detail with the one who has the disease what their disease entails and how the cure is the ONLY cure that can heal them...they basically say in reply, "This cure has helped me and I appreciate it, but I don't want to force my belief in it on you or make you think that your ideas for what will cure you are wrong..."  Wouldn't that be so silly, and crazy, and harmful, and ultimately lead to their actual death?  Absolutely!


As Christians, we should never be ashamed or embarrassed to share our faith with others.  For, Christianity is the one religion that actually holds up to tested scrutiny!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...