Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Life Well-Lived Is the Result of Days Wisely Invested In






By John C. Maxwell


Just for Today . . .
Just for today . . . I will choose and display the right attitudes.
Just for today . . . I will determine and act on important priorities.
Just for today . . . I will know and follow healthy guidelines.
Just for today . . . I will communicate with and care for my family.
Just for today . . . I will practice and develop good thinking.
Just for today . . . I will make and keep proper commitments.
Just for today . . . I will earn and properly manage finances.
Just for today . . . I will deepen and live out my faith.
Just for today . . . I will initiate and invest in solid relationships.
Just for today . . . I will plan for and model generosity.
Just for today . . . I will embrace and practice good values.
Just for today . . . I will seek and experience improvements.
Just for today . . . I will act on these decisions and practice these disciplines, and
Then one day . . . I will see the compounding results of a day lived well.




By Dale Witherington



Today is the most important day of my life.
Yesterday with its successes and victories, struggles and failures
is gone forever.
The past is past.
Done.
Finished.
I cannot relive it. I cannot go back and change it.
But I will learn from it and improve my Today.
Today. This moment. NOW.
It is God's gift to me and it is all that I have.
Tomorrow with all its joys and sorrows, triumphs and troubles isn't here yet.
Indeed, tomorrow may never come.
Therefore, I will not worry about tomorrow.
Today is what God has entrusted to me.
It is all that I have. I will do my best in it.
I will demonstrate the best of me in it--
my character, giftedness, and abilities--
to my family and friends, clients and associates.
I will identify those things that are most important to do Today,
and those things I will do until they are done.
And when this day is done
I will look back with satisfaction at that
which I have accomplished.
Then, and only then, will I plan my tomorrow,
Looking to improve upon Today, with God's help.
Then I shall go to sleep in peace . . . content.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, you used to write magnificent, but the last several posts have been kinda boring… I miss your great writings. Past few posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

Emma Joy said...

Thank you for the honest feedback. I care to hear what my readers think and how they feel, what they are learning, and even what they need help with, so to receive such a comment makes me ponder what may be different about my posts now (the last several ones) compared to what you refer to as magnificent in the past. Would you mind letting me know what a few of your favorite posts were that you considered magnificent? It will help me to see what subjects you enjoy reading about so I can begin addressing such topics more often once again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...