Friday, September 28, 2012

God Wants Full Custody





"If you're not sure you're a Christian, or you're sure you're NOT a Christian, if you're not sure what you believe or you're sure you don't believe,  here's my suggestion to you.  Please listen, it's very important and here's why:  ...I can say this without fear of contradiction, I can definitely make this case, but I don't have the time to (in this sermon).  The vast majority of people who don't believe in Christianity have radically inaccurate ideas of what Christianity is.  The vast majority of people who say, "I've had it with Christianity or I'm not interested, or I'm just indifferent to Christianity", they don't know what they're indifferent to.  And what that means is, that's very dangerous, it means you don't know what you're rejecting.  I would think, there's nobody here (at the church service) that wouldn't want to know what it is they're indifferent to, no intellectual integrity, it's very dangerous.  And therefore, if you're here, you need to listen to understand what Christianity is.  It's a very important way of understanding it because almost always we take our modern categories, and we take our modern views, and we hear Christian lingo, or we hear Christian talk, and we work it into our categories and say, "Ah, it's just like that."  But it's not. 

...Christianity doesn't just change you on the inside, but changes your relationship with everything in the world..."  - Timothy Keller, Senior Pastor of a church in New York.

If you have any questions about Christianity, the issue of "hypocrites" in the church, or how Christianity differs from other religions, please feel free to write at EmmaJoyBlog@gmail.com or leave a comment and I will respond.

God is worthy of our total commitment and praise!  I once saw a marquee that I thought was quite clever and ringed rather true!  It said, "God wants full custody, not weekend visits."

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...