Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Trusting in God's Might






I read this poem somewhere and really love it:


I hate how my mind wanders.
I hate the call of sin.
I hate the voice that whispers,
“Give in. Give in. Give in!”

I hate I'm prone to falter.
I hate the screaming gale.
I hate the voice that whispers,
“You'll fail. You'll fail. You'll fail!”

I hate the inward hunger.
I hate the tapping call.
I hate the voice that whispers,
“Just fall. Just fall. Just fall!”

I hate when I stop running.
I hate the want to stay.
I hate the voice that whispers,
“This way. This way. This way!”

I hate when rest is battle.
I hate when I don't flee.
I hate the voice that whispers,
“Just wait. Just wait and see.”

I hate the thought of losing.
I hate the fight inside.
I hate the voice that whispers,
“Give in, you know you tried.”

I know that God is watching.
I know He sees my storm.
I know that He is saying,
“I love you though you're worn.”

I know that God is holding.
I know He sees the ache.
I know that He is saying,
“Dear one you'll bend, not break.” 

I know that God is teaching.
I know He sees each fight.
I know that He is saying,
“Keeping trusting in My might.”

2 comments:

Melody Ambler said...

Emma Joy, I love your blog. God gives you so much wisdom and insight, and I am constantly encouraged. I have a question, and I don't want to be inappropriate, but I was wondering how I could save your blogs. I pin something's, but I don't know if you do Pinterest. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you so much!!! God bless you! Melody ambler

Emma Joy said...

Melody,

Thank you so much for writing! It is always a sweet joy to hear from those who read my blog.

I am very thankful you are blessed by the blog posts you read here and that the topics I write about/post are an encouragement to you.

Per your request, I recently added "Share Buttons" that you can find at the end of each blog post. Now you can share any posts you like through Facebook, Twitter, and email.

Have a nice day and stay focused on the Lord!

He is worthy!!

♥ Emma Joy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...