Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolutions






Happy New Year everyone!


What are a few of your goals for this year?  What three to five aspects in your life would you like to excel in and master?  What steps are you planning to take in order to accomplish such changes?

Here is a list of my "New Year's Resolutions" for the year (although, in reality, any good change or transformation that comes to me is to the glory of God alone for the continued work He does on my heart):

  • Praise God more
  • Drink more water
  • Write handwritten letters more often to friends and family
  • Attend classes on different topics at my church that will enable growth
  • Make the time to take walks more often
  • Rest in God and enjoy my walk with Him
  • Consider all trials to be a joy because of the result they will bring about in character and conforming me more into the image of God's dear Son
  • Read one edifying book a month
  • Study resources about Self-Injury and Homosexuality from a Biblical perspective
  • Make the time to visit friends and family I have not seen for a while
  • Send a beautiful card to those I love once a month

...This is where my heart is for the year 2014.  I desire to grow in my relationship with God through reading the Bible more often (or listening to an audio Bible), spend quality time with those I care about, and seek to practice "rejoicing in the Lord always" (Philippians 4: 4) despite what is happening around me.

Please pray that God would enable spiritual growth in my life this year, draw me closer to Him and make me more like Him, teach me lessons, and build the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5: 22-23) in my life more as time passes.

Do share with me any prayer requests you have or what you would like to accomplish this year.  It would be a joy to hear from each of you!  You may write at:  EmmaJoyBlog@gmail.com

1 comments:

Bailey @ Becoming Bailey said...

Those are great goals! I too am wanting to strengthen my faith in 2014.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...