Saturday, October 5, 2013

Searching for God








Taken from a sermon by Timothy J. Keller:

If you are really on a search, if you are really trying to find God, trying to know God, if you really want Him, don't search with anxiety, search with confidence.  Why?

Because if somebody comes to me and says, "I'm afraid I'm not going to find Him, I'm trying to find Him, I'm not sure I'm going to find Him..."

The only reason you're discouraged is because you are giving yourself too much credit.  You're not capable of missing God, you're not capable of aching for God, you're not capable of longing for God, unless He was already helping you.  Or, to put it another way, a sense of His absence is the sign of His presence.  Because, you're not capable of feeling His absence, you're not capable of missing Him.  A sense of His absence is a sign of His presence.  That's good news.

Conversion comes through God's initiative.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...