Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blessed!





"How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered!  How blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit!  When I kept silent about my sin, my body wasted away through my groaning all day long.  For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; my vitality was drained away as with the fever heat of summer.  I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD”; and You forgave the guilt of my sin."  Psalm 32: 1-5

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  First John 1: 9

Here are the lyrics to two worship songs we sang in recent months at church.  I love the lyrics because they show the importance of ridding our lives of anything not of God or of anything that may take His place in our hearts.

The LORD is worthy of our total commitment and those who have tread the waters of selfish living with the mentality of "It is all about MY wants, MY desires, MY plans, MY goals, MY life" (every human indeed!) and then have come to know God through His salvation in Jesus Christ, can testify to the fact that what this world has to offer cannot compare to knowing God, serving Him, and living for Him wholeheartedly; walking in the freedom God offers, and trusting Him from a joyful and surrendered heart, knowing that their lives are in God's hands and He who began a good work in them will perfect it.

God is trustworthy!

"Holy Fire"

Holy Fire
Burn away
My desire for anything
That is not of You and is of me
I want more of You and less of me

Holy Fire
Burn away
My desire for anything
That is not of You and is of me
I want more of You and less of me

Empty me Empty me
and Fill me, with You, with You


"Only You Can Satisfy"

In all of my life I'm searching
For what can be only found in You
Only You can satisfy
I've seen what the world can offer
In all that can sway me I have found
Only You can satisfy, only You can satisfy

To live for Christ, I first must die
To all the rivals in my life
Only You can satisfy
Only You can satisfy
In everything I have in You
I find, You satisfy

In all that now lies forsaken
Nothing can match Your love for me
Only You can satisfy
Forever my heart awakened
To worship the One who sets me free
Only You can satisfy, only You can satisfy

To live for Christ, I first must die
To all the rivals in my life

Only You can satisfy
Only You can satisfy
In everything I have in You
I find, You satisfy
You satisfy

To live for Christ, I first must die
To all the rivals in my life

Only You can satisfy
Only You can satisfy
Only You can satisfy
Only You can satisfy
In everything I have in You
I find, You satisfy
You satisfy

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...